The cottages are a favorite with our residents, because each of the 122 cottages has a unique floorplan and can be from 900 up to 1450 square feet.
These are the original apartments built by J.C. Penney in 1926, but they are not your typical apartment homes. They’ve been fully modernized to meet PRC’s strict standards, but still retain the austere Norman-French architecture that made them famous.
cottage 4 resizedEach apartment is part of a single building cluster of either three or four cottage homes. They each have a full living room, one or two bedrooms, one, one-and-a-half or two baths, and a full kitchen. Some have separate dining rooms, a den/study or a Florida room — and some have virtually all of them.
The cottage homes offer you:
- All electric kitchen with modern, full-size appliances
- Wall-to-wall carpeting, unless you prefer otherwise
- Individually controlled central heat/air conditioning
- Attic storage in many units
- Ceiling fans in living and bedrooms
- Cable ready