Being active and involved is encouraged at Penney Retirement Community. Residents are actively a part of the community decision-making through the Penney Residents Association.
Penney Volunteer Opportunities:
- Arts & Crafts
- Barrows Hall Scheduling
- Building/Maintenance Liaison
- Clinical Services
- Executive Committee Assoc.
- Penney Memorial Church
- Safety Coordinator
- Special Events
- TLC (Bereavement)
Other opportunities to volunteer include:
- Library assistant
- Baking cakes or cookies for events
- Playing in the Penney Community Band or Bad Pennies Bands
- Singing in the Penney Retirement Community Church Choir, Women’s or Men’s Chorus
- Participating in the Penney Memorial Church Bell Choir
- The Resale Shop
- Personal Energy Transportation (PET)
- Annual Arts & Crafts Fair and Sale
- Event planning
- Wellness Center or swimming pool attendant
- Activity in crafts, such as stained glass, ceramics, weaving, etc.
- Electronics or watch repair shop helper
- Becoming a Penney Buddy
- Nursing facility volunteer to serve meals, greet guests, etc.
- Meal server at assisted living
- Volunteer coordinators
- Fund raising for projects such as the Penney Memorial Scenic Highway
- Penney Clowns
- Volunteers in Police Service (VIPS)
- Driving those who no longer drive
- And much, much more!
In addition, many of our residents volunteer in the nearby community and several have been elected to serve as public officials in the Town of Penney Farms.