Penney Retirement Community is an inclusive Christian Continuing Care Retirement Community seeking the abundant life through social interaction and service.
Penney’s vision is for all people to age well in the place they call Home. We offer the opportunity to care for one another and the greater community with quality, without extravagance, and ensuring sustainability.
Definition: The quality of being honest and having strong moral principles. Moral uprightness. A personal choice of adherence to ethical principles.
Scripture: “For the lord is a shield to those who walk in integrity, guarding the paths of justice.” Proverbs 2:7-8
Thought Provoker: Meets the Golden Rule. – JC Penney
Definition: The act of finding involvement in a way that provide a sense of accomplishment. A cohesive team of residents, staff, and visitors is a win-win for all.
Scripture: “Through love serve one another.” Galatians 5:13
Thought Provoker: “Love in action is service. Try to give unconditionally whatever a person needs.” – Mother Teresa
Definition: The ethic that embodies the responsible planning, management, and utilization of resources, both personal assets and corporate. Residents are encouraged to be “Penney Partners.”
Scripture: “The earth is the lord’s and everything in it, the world and all who live in it.” Psalm24:1
Thought Provoker: Good stewardship leads to “Life more abundant.” – JC Penney
Definition: Being social, courteous, kind, and cheerful to the entire PRC family. Creating a Christian environment which is compassionate, respectful, and supportive to all.
Scripture: “If possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.” Romans 12:18 (Amplified Bible)
Thought Provoker: “Cheerfulness is the best promotion of health and is as friendly to the mind as to the body.” – Joseph Addison
What does this mean for you?
At Penney, you’ll find active, vital people who:
- Value and respect the concept of “community” in all its meanings
- Are guaranteed continuing care so they can relax knowing they will be able to live comfortably, regardless of their health care needs.
- Participate in volunteering in a wide range of areas, from helping in the assisted living facilities to singing in choirs and choruses to sitting on board committees
- Treat each other with Christian caring and dignity
- Enjoy faith-based social, physical, psychological and spiritual well-being promoted in all areas of campus life